Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information provided by you – We use the information you provide when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete an order. When you sign up here for a Customer Account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Transcity services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. You can access “My Account” to edit information associated with your Account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Transcity or its affiliates, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and/or improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the telecommunciation carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition, information we collected may be used for the following:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Transcity or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Transcity only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Transcity in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of personal information.
- Any access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations,
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Transcity, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We have, in place, appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Transcity employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Transcity services, you have access to your personal information either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.